Top Reasons to Fish Local Knowledge
- Three fighting chairs in the cockpit for those multiple hookups on mahi mahi, bonitas or sailfish.
- A custom fish box to keep your catch ice cold.
- A custom 100 gallon in deck well to keep live baits frisky so you can catch your dream fish.
- Penn International and Shimano tackle from 12# to 100#, we've got it covered.
- A large transom "tuna door" to slide that fish of a lifetime through.
- Inside we have two clean staterooms, a step down kitchen loaded with all the comforts of home, and most important a CLEAN full size bathroom.
- The salon "cabin" is fully air conditioned with a full size couch and two chairs.
- A cooler full of ice is provided for your beverages and the fridge for your appetizers or sandwiches.
- On the bridge 2 fish finders help locate the big ones for you.
- A vhf and am/fm radio, cd player for your favorite music you wish to bring and GPS rounds out the electronic package to help find those secret spots to fish.
- There are two bench seats for comfortable seating on the bridge with Capt. Mike. Enjoy the view of Fort Lauderdale Fishing and the salt air on the way in and out from the fishing grounds.
Local Knowledge is 43′ Hatteras sport fishing boat that has recently undergone an interior and exterior refit. Unlike many charter boats, Local Knowledge is safe, clean, and comfortable.
Rigged For Serious Fishing
The boat is tournament rigged, with a large fishing cockpit, three fighting chairs, and “tuna door” for hauling in large fish.
The air conditioned salon and spacious flybridge provide a comfortable place for spectators and to escape from the fishing action. The boat features two staterooms for overnight trips as well as a clean bathroom with an electric toilet.
We are located right on A1A between Bahia Mar resort and the Bahia Cabana hotel and restaurant, just south of the Jungle Queen ticket office. We are minutes from most Fort Lauderdale hotels and we are also conveniently located directly next to Water Taxi stop #7.
Safety & Reliability
Fishing is a safe and fun activity as long as you’re fishing with an experienced captain on a reliable boat. Local Knowledge meets or exceeds all Coast Guard requirements and is well maintained for your safety and comfort.